It’s time for 10 easy cosplay ideas for girls! In a previous post, I wrote about 10 easy cosplay ideas for guys. Well, now it’s your turn ladies! And believe me; there are definitely popular and easy cosplay characters for you too. Today, that’s what we will be talking about: 10 easy cosplay ideas for girls.
Like the post I made for guys, here are 10 cosplay ideas for girls that are:
- super easy to pull off (i.e. comfortable to wear)
- involve using lots of normal clothing that are easy to get
- cheap to buy if you need it specially made or specific cosplay parts
- popular and recognizable characters
In this article I will post a photo of every character, because you may or may not like that character based on their personality. These are completely different characters so you should be able to choose at least one from here!
So let’s get started on cosplay for girls.
DISCLAIMER: I have some affiliate links in this article if you’re looking to wear any of these cosplays. Either I myself have bought from those stores, or I truly feel they are great deals for a beginner cosplayer. I’ll only post links if I feel the price and quality are of good quality. If you’re buying from these sites, you’re also supporting me and my hobby so I appreciate it!
1. Katara from Avatar (first choice for an easy cosplay ideas for girls)
Who is Katara: The waterbending master heroine, Katara is an iconic character from the series. She’s known for being a bit stubborn yet strong at the same time. Katara is like a mother to many of the other characters in Avatar; she is known to take care of the people around her!
Alternatives: There are a lot of female characters in Avatar, such as the polarizing Azula. Or you could go for more protagonists such as Asami or Korra!
What you’ll need to cosplay Katara:
- Tunic – Katara’s tunic design is simple enough to make from scratch. Buy about 1.5y of blue fabric and 0.5y of white fabric and trace a comfortable t-shirt to make a pattern. Topstitch the white patterns.
- Pants – If you don’t have navy leggings sitting in your closet, you can easily make your own pants with about a yard of fabric and some elastic for the waist band. It should take you about an hour.
- Socks and Gloves – A trip to your local Dollar store and you should find something that matches the picture here.
2. Keqing from Genshin Impact (first Genshin choice for an easy cosplay ideas for girls)
Everyone’s favorite cat girl from Genshin Impact, Keqing is a popular character from the game. While you might think that Genshin cosplays are complicated to do, Keqing is surprisingly easy to do and probably the most beginner-friendly!
Who is Keqing: Keqing (pronounced Ka-Ching $$$) is one of the members who watches over the Liyue region. Unlike her colleagues, she questions whether the structure is sustainable and thinks humans can run the show on their own. Keqing’s outfit is really nice and one of the easier ones to craft yourself, which is why I think so many have cosplayed her already!
What you’ll need to cosplay Keqing:
- Wig – You may be able to purchase a Keqing wig with the ears pre-styled online. Amazon, Taobao, Aliexpress, Bhiner, and SuperBuy are all good options to take a look at.
- Dress – This dress is actually one of the simpler designs and very good as a beginner project. If you imagine her dress in 3 layers, you can easily construct it. Step 1: Start with a white dress as the base layer. Step 2: Add a light purple layer to the front only. And Step 3: Add a darker purple layer to the back side. For the feather, you can make it by constructing it out of 2mm EVA foam and painted to match. Make the sleeves separately and attach with elastic.
- Tights – black, translucent tights are fine. You can actually draw the design under your tights with a white or cream coloured body paint. Remember to seal it prior to wearing the tights.
3. Evelynn from K/DA (League of Legends)
Originally meant to just sell skins for League of Legends, K/DA has become a phenomenon that mostly everyone loves.
What is K/DA: Evelynn is one of the members of KD/A, which stands for Kill Deaths/Assists, one of the most common terms in the League of Legends game. Ever since the first K/DA music video Pop Stars was released, the League of Legends world was never the same. Now you see cosplays Ahri, Akali, Evelynn and Kai’Sa all the time! And that’s definitely not going to change in 2022, especially with the newest KD/A videos More and Baddest.
In addition to K/DA, Riot Games continues to release new music videos and skins for other League characters. So not only will this game be relevant into the 2020s, so will the cosplays. And this is great if you’re looking for easy cosplay ideas for girls; K/DA characters like Evelynn are easy to cosplay!
What you’ll need to cosplay Evelynn K/DA from League of Legends:
- Black Trench Coat – If you’re looking for a closet cosplay, Evelynn might be something you and a few friends could put together by combining your wardrobes. The black trench coat is a closet staple, and if you don’t have one, I guarantee your local Goodwill or Value Village will.
- Necklace – This necklace charm is super easy to make. All you need to do is loop a length of ribbon into an old earring. You can also find lots of similar charms at the craft store, corner store, or Ardene’s.
- Earring – Evelynn’s earrings here are just small hoops, which you can find online for about $2 on eBay. These are also in the bargain section at Claire’s or Ardene’s.
- Belt – A common black belt can be purchased at any corner store.
- Wig – Evelynn’s cat ear hair is what gives her the iconic look in this K/DA version. I would recommend buying some strong hair spray and set aside an hour or so to twirl the hair in the same way. You can buy her wig right here (affiliate link).
- Glasses – Glasses are a challenge to craft. The best hack for glasses is to find some similar frames and tint the lenses with see-through acrylic sheets such as soft binders, or photography gels.
- Claws – Honestly, paper is the tried-and-true method for the most comfortable claws. You can also do foam for a longer effect. Paint with silver acrylic or Rub n Buff.
Click below if you want buy the Evelynn K/DA Baddest Edition cosplay!
4. Casual Froppy from My Hero Academia
My Hero Academia is a great and popular series to cosplay from, and Froppy is a well-known character from the series. Not only is her jumpsuit cosplay pretty easy to wear, you can opt for her casual school outfit, which is a great easy cosplay idea I recommend you do, if you want to cosplay from MHA!
Who is Froppy: Froppy is another student and classmate of Deku, and she is supposed to resemble a frog! She has big eyes and mouth like a frog, a super-long tongue she can use to grab or sling objects, and she can swim really fast with her abilities. Froppy is another cute and adorable MHA cosplay character worth cosplaying.
Alternatives: Lots of options! You can opt for Ochaco and pretty much use the exact same school outfit (do switch up the wigs though, as Ocacho has brown hair). There are also different school uniforms you can wear as well.
What you’ll need to cosplay Froppy:
- Top – for the MHA school outfits, it consists of a light grey jacket/blazer with golden buttons, white dress shirt and a red tie.
- Wig – Froppy has green hair, so a dark green wig will do.
- Bottom – Dark green skirt with black socks and black dress shoes
5. Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (whew that’s a long name)
Considered one of the best Anime series of the 2000s, Haruhi is a very recognizable character and people will love that you’re showing appreciation for one of the most loved characters of all time. And she’s pretty easy to cosplay as well.
Who is Haruhi Suzumiya: She is an eccentric and lively person who is very interested in aliens and extraterrestrial life. At her high school, Haruhi forms the SOS Brigade out of boredom. Little does she know that she possesses God-like powers that can alter the universe and the world. She is incredibly talented but hardheaded, making her a polarizing character. Cosplay wise, her outfit is very easy to do! All it is a modified high school uniform.
Alternatives: Another outfit from Haruhi Suzumiya is the bunny suit that they wear. Try it out if you feel like cosplaying something more playful.
What you’ll need to cosplay Haruhi Suzumiya:
- Brown wig – Find any generic brown wig and trim the bangs so that they sit just below your eyebrows. Feather the edges by pointing your scissors upwards to make the ends seem more natural and remove some of the bulk. The headband is a must! You can make one yourself by painting a headband the correct colour and gluing two ribbons to the side.
- Sailor outfit – Haruhi’s sailor outfit is commonly found enough that you may want to just purchase it instead of making it – maybe about $50 or so. However, you can make your own for about the same in materials. You’ll need 1y white, 1.5y blue, and 1/2y red fabric and it will take about 6-8 hours from start to finish.
- Shoes – Brown schoolgirl shoes are a cosplay closet staple. If you grab a pair of brown or black loafers, you’ll be able to use them for so many costumes down the line. I always see loafers for sale at Wal-Mart, Brown’s, and other shoe stores.
6. Lucy from Fairy Tail
Lucy Heartfilia is a girl with a ton of confidence and sex appeal, while also being someone that’s kind and caring. She’s easily recognizable from the show Fairy Tail, and you don’t have to do much in order to cosplay as her! She’s definitely one of the easy cosplay characters.
Who is Lucy Heartfilia: One of the main characters of the show, Lucy is part of Team Natsu, which is why she happens to be a popular character and a good choice for a female cosplayer! She’s somewhat similar to Naruto with her stubbornness and never wanting to give up.
Alternatives: Erza Scarlet is another character you can cosplay that’s slightly more difficult to pull off, but very popular!
What you’ll need to cosplay Lucy Heartfelia:
- Blonde wig – Lucy has a little side ponytail that you can easily style on a regular blonde wig instead if you don’t want to buy one with a clip-on ponytail. Gather the hair and tease with a comb to increase the volume.
- White vest – You can find a white zip-up and add the details yourself by topstitching or hand stitching the blue details one. I personally recommend using Wondertape or HeatnBond (with an iron) to ensure the pieces don’t move while you’re stitching.
- Blue skirt – The blue pleated skirt is probably going to be the easiest part of this costume. While my favourite “fashion” brand for pleated skirts is American Apparel, you can easily find pleated skirts online in a myriad of colours and lengths.
- Brown boots – This buy can range depending on the quality of leather or faux leather you want. Don’t worry so much about the heel being completely accurate or the exact height – go for what you feel good in and the style that you like.
- Accessories – You can use a thick twill, canvas, leather, or pleather to make Lucy’s belt and pocket. However, it may be easier to purchase a generic brown belt and make only the pocket. Add little belt loops to the pocket so that you can easily slide it on.
7. Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist is such a great series with emotional and engaging characters. While Edward and Alphonse get all the attention, we cannot forget about Winry Rockbell; the sassy sidekick for these two! Winry wears a tank top with green pants. She’s got that tomboy look that’s easy to pull off for most. Carry a wrench with you and you’ll exactly have the look of Winry Rockbell. Definitely a nice choice if you want an easy cosplay ideas for beginners.
Who is Winry: Born in a family of mechanics, Winry is very knowledgeable in automail and frequently creates parts for the main character Ed. While she doesn’t possess the talented alchemy skills of the protagonists, Winry is just as useful and smart. A true sidekick and a popular character from the series.
Alternatives: Winry is a bit risqué with her tank top, so if you’re not comfortable cosplaying her, there are plenty of other female characters in FMA. Riza Hawkeye is another popular character from FMA. All you have to do is wear her uniform and you’re good to go. Lust is another sexy character that’s easy to do.
What you’ll need to cosplay Winry:
- Wig and bandana – If you’ve cosplayed any other character with long blonde hair, you’re in luck because you can now reuse that wig! Since Winry’s hair is mostly covered with a red bandana (or just a rectangle of fabric), I guarantee you that nobody would even know.
- Black tube top – Wal-Mart, George, Target, Garage, and Joe Fresh are some brands that you can check for tube tops. These are easy to find at malls.
- Capris – Don’t worry about matching the colour exactly to what Winry’s capris are, because the main look here is in the accessories. In fact, the more faded and worn, the better. Winry is a working girl and it’ll probably look more accurate if she’s got stains and rips on her pants.
- Accessories – wrench, gloves, tool belt, and whatever you have lying around in your family garage.
8. Misty from Pokémon
Okay so Pokémon is technically from a video game. But there is an Anime for it and it’s been running for over 20 years now! And let’s face it; while Misty is just a forgettable gym leader in Pokémon Red/Blue, she’s a huge main character in the Anime for the first couple of seasons. This is why she’s an easy cosplay characters for females! All you basically need is a yellow tank top, blue shorts and an orange wig!
Who is Misty: Misty and her 3 other sisters run the Cerulean City gym. However she decides to follow the main character, Ash Ketchum, after his Pikachu destroys her bike. While she is still waiting for him to repay for a new bike, she is quite the companion and helps him along his Pokémon journey. Misty is a kind person but she has quite the temper at times, especially when Ash or her Psyduck get on her nerves!
Alternatives: The beautiful thing about the Pokémon Anime is that most characters wear normal clothing, making them easy to cosplay. If you rather not be Misty, there are other female companions of Ash that you can cosplay, such as Dawn (Gen 4) or Serena (Gen 6). Or if you’re feeling devious, you can cosplay Jesse from Team Rocket (although her long hair/wig will be pretty difficult to pull off correctly). Be sure to bring a James with you if you decide to do Team Rocket!
What you’ll need to cosplay Misty:
- Orange wig – Misty has a little side ponytail that is super easy to replicate with a hair tie. If you’re looking to go the extra mile, you can even use lash glue to position her bangs exactly where you want it to be.
- Yellow top– If you can find something stretchy and form fitting, that would be ideal. Remember that white or light coloured cottons can be dyed with sharpies and fabric dye!
- Shorts – Any pair of jean shorts would do, but I personally recommend getting something high-waist because I personally think it’s more flattering and will elongate your legs.
- Shoes – find a pair of running shoes that have similar or neutral colours.
9. Amber from Genshin Impact
One of the first characters you meet in the game, Amber is an Outrider of the Knights of Favonius (aka part of the Montstadt royalty). She is a master glider and specializes in using the bow! Although Paimon may be the true ambassador and mascot of Genshin Impact, I say Amber is also a poster girl for this game with her looks and cool-looking outfit. If anyone has played this game, they’ll definitely know who Amber is!
What you’ll need to cosplay Amber:
- Red coat, headband, details – you can thrift a cotton or polyester hoodie and alter to fit your body. Cut the shape to be similar to Amber’s M-shaped bangs to get the best effect.
- Brown wig – One of my favourite wig stores is Wig Supplier wig-supplier.com and you can find an Amber wig or just a generic brown wig.
- Belt and gloves – Dollar store gardening section all the way.
- Shirt – get a brown shirt and a white shirt and hack them together to make a brown and white shirt! Fabric paint the details.
- Gold embroidery – You can get puffy paint from your local craft store to achieve a raised effect and use craft foam for the base.
- Brown shorts – Thrift store is your best bet to find some class brown shorts. Look in the pants section too and you might be able to find a steal.
- Thigh high boots – You need a cheap heel and some thigh-high socks. Cut a hole in the heel of a white thigh high sock and slip the heel though and you’ve got some DIY thigh high boots.
- Goggles – Amazon has some dank aviator goggles!
10. Umaru-chan from Himouto Umaru-chan
Not much has to be said about Umaru-chan; A cute chibi character who is an easy cosplay for girls!
Who is Umaru-chan: At school, Umaru-chan seems like the typical perfect student with good grades, pretty looks and being skilled at everything. However, once she steps foot inside her home she lives a completely different life. Umaru-chan is actually a lazy character who munches on junk food, plays video games and watches a ton of Anime. She basically becomes Otaku slob! That’s why she’s such a great character to cosplay; being adorable and relatable. And the best part is that she’s so easy to do; wearing that hamster hoodie is so comfortable! Bring some potato chips and a bottle of pop with you while you cosplay her!
Alternatives to Umaru-chan: All the characters look very similar but you have a few options if you don’t want to be the main character. Sylphynford is Umaru’s friendly rival sporting a blue look that’s aesthetically pleasing. Kirie is another option as well. You can also cosplay Umaru’s school version, which is basically a white dress shirt, red ribbon tie and a red skirt. Her hair is a long orange.
What you’ll need to cosplay Umaru-chan:
- Peach wig – Umaru’s wig has a soft peachy tone to it and can easily be found at your favourite online retailer. My favourite wig store is Amazon because they have fast shipping!
- Cape – Believe me when I say that this cape is the whole cosplay. You can purchase one from Amazon for about $20, or you can make your own out of a fluffy orange blanket. Due to how easy these are to find online, I would recommend purchasing one instead of making one from scratch.
- T-shirt – Any blank shirt will work. In fact, you probably already have one lying around. You can purchase few and stockpile them at Costco!
- Pink shorts – Yoga shorts, athletic shorts, or pyjamas are all fair game.
- Red shoes – I would recommend purchasing something comfy that you’ll wear all the time such as Converse low tops, Converse ballet shoes, Vans, or Keds.
Alright, those are 10 easy cosplay ideas for girls. If you for some reason didn’t like any of the characters, here are some…
Easy Cosplay Ideas For Girls…BONUS CHARACTERS!
Anyone from a Sports Anime or show such as Haikyu!! or Kuruko No Baske – All you have to do is buy the jersey for cheap online, buy a wig for your character and you’re done!
Patricia Thompson from Soul Eater– A popular character from the series, Patricia Thompson is easy to do. All you need is a red top, dark blue shorts, a big white hat and a (fake) pistol!
To sum this all up, here are the 10 easy cosplay characters for females:
- Sakura Haruno from Naruto
- Keqing from Genshin Impact
- Evelynn from K/DA (League of Legends)
- Froppy from My Hero Academia
- Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Lucy from Fairy Tail
- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
- Misty from Pokémon
- Amber from Genshin Impact
- Umaru-chan from Himouto Umaru-chan
There we go; 10 easy cosplay ideas for girls.
If you’re interested in more cosplay ideas, here are some of my other posts you’ll enjoy:
Here are 10+ Cosplay Ideas That’ll Be Popular In 2020!
What To Do With Your Old And Used Cosplays? 5 Awesome Ways To Get Rid Of It
10 Easy Cosplay Ideas For Guys (Not Everyone Should Do #7 Though!)
10 Marvel Cosplay Ideas That You’ll Love!
2019 Cosplay Ideas – What We Got Right And Wrong
10 Magical Girl Cosplay Ideas (Popular and Obscure!)
50 Cosplay Ideas for Couples You’ll Love!
I hope you found this post useful. And as always, if you have any questions, leave them in the comments!
My name is Roger Senpai. I’m a cosplayer that’s been in the community for well over a decade now. I’ve traveled all over the world to Anime and Comic conventions and hosted my own cosplay events. Now I’m writing articles for new and experienced cosplayers like you to help inspire, save you money and improve your cosplays!
bookmarked!!, I really like your website!
Glad you like my website!