Love is always in the air, which means you’re probably looking for cosplay ideas for couples!
When I wrote this post last year in 2020, I was talking about how you can prepare a couples cosplay for your next convention.
Wow, have times changed; we haven’t had any large conventions happening due to the pandemic and who knows when they’ll return.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t cosplay. You can still share your cosplay couple virtually. 2020 and early 2021 has already brought us some new ships worth mentioning, hence the reason why I’ve decided to update this article!
In this post, I have over 50 cosplay ideas for couples that you and your partner can definitely do. I’ll start with 10 in-depth suggestions and the rest in a list. Keep in mind that for this list, it doesn’t matter which gender you are, your sexual orientation or what type of relationship you’re in – you can do any of these cosplays regardless of these things!
NOTE: If you haven’t played or watched any of these series, there could be potential storyline spoilers for you. You’ve been warned! Read this cosplay ideas for couples post with caution!
With that out of the way, let’s get started!
DISCLAIMER: I have some affiliate links in this article if you’re looking to wear any of these cosplays. Either I myself have bought from those stores, or I truly feel they are great deals for a beginner cosplayer. I’ll only post links if I feel the price and quality are of good quality. If you’re buying from these sites, you’re also supporting me and my hobby so I appreciate it!
Tanjiro and Kanao from Demon Slayer
If you and your partner want to not only show your love for each but also for Demon Slayer, then definitely Tanjiro and Kanao is the best option for a cosplay couple. Out of all the characters in the series, those two are definitely the most shippable couple. Throughout the season, they’ve shown that they care and love each other. 🙂
Legoshi and Haru from Beastars
Beastars is a series that’s been getting quite a bit of attention. The show is already in its 2nd season and it’s an interesting series to say the least; the story takes place in an anthropomorphic world where herbivores and carnivores live together.
If you’ve watched or read the series, you know that Legoshi and Haru are the most shippable couple from Beastars. How cute and wonderful you guys would look; a big but shy wolf with a small but fierce rabbit!
You two can also do Juno and Louis as an alternative.
Attack On Titan
2021 will be the final season for Attack on Titan, so it’s going to be an exciting one! So this year is the perfect year for you and your partner to cosplay Attack on Titan together.
While there isn’t too much romance happening in AoT (they are fighting giant demons after all!), many fans have decided to ship their own characters together. Here are some of them:
- Eren and Mikasa
- Jean and Marco
- Christa and Ymir
Lola and Bugs Bunny
Space Jam is over 2 decades old but hear me out. The sequel, Space Jam 2, is finallly coming out this year! So 2021 will be a perfect year for you and your partner to cosplay Lola and Bugs Bunny for the occasion. They’ll be even better during Halloween, when the actual movie is released. Best part is they’re both easy to cosplay; all you need is the Toon Squad jersey and shorts, some bunny ears and a basketball!
Deku and Ochaco from My Hero Academia
It’s no secret that Ochaco has a crush on the main character, Deku. Whenever My Hero Academia is finally done, we’ll probably see Deku and Ochaco together. So these two characters are the most obvious choice if you want to cosplay from MHA as a couple. You can spice it up and swap Ochaco for…Toga?! Or you can take out Deku and put Froppy instead.
If you and your partner rather not be a cliche cosplay, there are other MHA ships you can potentially do. Check further down in the post for more MHA cosplay couples ideas!
Korra and Asami from The Legend of Korra
Who doesn’t love Avatar? It’s a classic series with many memorable moments. But I’m sure we all loved the final scene between Korra and Asami even more so!
Why not show your love for the Avatar series by cosplaying two of the most loved characters in The Legend of Korra? If Avatar sees a revival in cosplay for 2021, then Korra and Asami will be an awesome cosplay couple choice!
Link and Zelda (most legendary of couples!)
The Hero of Time and The Goddess of Hylia – what a perfect couple! I feel like Link and Zelda are the dream cosplays for any couple. Although their costume isn’t the easiest to make, the costume design is definitely beautiful. And you can always get someone else to make it if you don’t feel like sewing a Zelda costume yourself.
Harley Quinn and Joker (most evilest of couples)
Harley Quinn may be the most overdone cosplay of all time, but for good reason. She is an awesome villain that resonates with DC fans. With Joker, you’d make for an awesome power couple being the most dysfunctional relationship in the fictional universe. And since they’re both popular characters, you’ll have no problems meeting other cosplayers at a con as well.
Ash and Misty
While it’s never confirmed in the Pokémon Anime that Ash and Misty liked each other, it’s somewhat implied that they did have feelings of some sort. In any case, it’s totally acceptable to cosplay the two together as a couple. So go ahead and dress up together as the most iconic characters of Pokemon! It’s a bonus that Ash and Misty are both easy cosplays to do. Be sure to bring a Pikachu and Togepi with you.
Kirito and Asuna (one of the most hated cosplay Anime couple?)
Sword Art Online might be the best Anime or the worst thing ever, depending on your persepctive. But no matter how you feel about the series, Kirito and Asuna is still a cute Anime couple cosplay!
Naofumi and Raphtalia (newest Anime cosplay couple)
One of my personal favorites! This one is a relatively new Anime couple, since it’s from Shield Hero. While technically Raphtalia is the slave for Naofumi, we all want to ship them together! They make for a great power duo.
Panty and Stocking (one of the wildest Anime cosplay couple!)
If you’re looking for a Valentine-themed cosplay couple, look no further than Panty and Stocking! You can also add Garterbelt to the mix as well. They are both characters with a personality on the naughty side, which make them fun to cosplay.
This show is pretty outrageous, sort of like FLCL (that show was made by the same producers). So if you cosplay Panty and Stocking, you’ll probably have some good reactions, especially at a convention. And best of all, they’re really easy to cosplay. P.S. Panty and Stocking also make for a great magical girl cosplay as well!
If you and your partner want to cosplay Panty and Stocking, you can buy their outfits here (Stocking costs a bit more money):
Sebastian and Ciel
Although Sebastian is just a demon butler to master Ciel in the storyline, as cosplayers they make for a great cosplay couple if you’re looking for an excuse to dress something fancy. For Ciel, you can opt for his wedding dress or the suit and the hat.
Ouran High School Host Club
Ouran Host Club is a great Anime couple cosplay to do your significant other! For one, it’s insanely easy to do – all you need is black dress pants, a dress shirt and tie, and the signature Ouran blue blazer. And you have a variety of characters to choose from. You can opt to be Haruhi and your partner can be one of the many members, including Temaki or Haruhi. The twins can also work as well!
Hetalia is an older series but still a great choice for a cosplay couple. Pick two countries like America and England, or Italy and Germany and you’re good!
Naruto and Hinata
Who doesn’t love Naruto? It’s one of the most successful Shonen Anime of all time. And what better couple to cosplay than Naruto and Hinata? Both are great characters in their own way, so whether you two are cosplaying at a convention or for a photoshoot, you’ll definitely lots of fans admiring you guys when together!
If you want to cosplay as the one of the best Shonen couples of all time, you can do so for less than $50 each!
Even more cosplay ideas for couples!
If you didn’t like any of those, here are 50+ more ideas! I don’t have photos for all of them but if you’d like to send them to me, I’d more than happy to feature you.
Here they are:
- Genshin Impact: Jean and Diluc, Childe and Lumine, Kaeya and Diluc, Jean and Lisa, Aether and Keqing, Zhongli and Ningguang
- Love Live! – Yuu and Ayumu
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? – Bell and Hestia
- Aquaman – Aquaman and Mera
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Zuko and Mae
- Bleach – Ichigo and Orihime
- Cowboy Bebop – Spike and Julia (or Faye possibly)
- D/C Comics – Superman and Wonder Women, Clark Kent and Lois Lane, Batman and Catwoman
- Death Note – Light and Misa
- Horimiya – Hori and Miyamura
- Disney – Mickey and Minnie, Aladdin and Jasmine, Ariel and Prince Eric, William Turner and Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Caribbean), Beauty and the Beast
- Dragon Ball Z – Goku and Chi Chi, Gohan and Videl, Android 18 and Krillen from Dragonball Z, Vegeta and Bulma
- Fairy Tail – Lucy and Natsu, Erza and Jellal
- Final Fantasy – Tidus and Yuna (best one IMO), Lulu and Wakka, Cloud and Aeris (or Tifa), Cecil and Rosa, Snow and Serah, Squall and Ronia, Locke and Celes, Zidane and Garnet
- Fire Emblem – Marth and Caeda, Corrin and Azura…(really you can just pick 2 characters and they would probably match)
- Fullmetal Alchemist – Edward Elric and Winry Rockbell, Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye (highly recommend this one :))
- Game of Thrones – Daenerys and Jon Snow
- Halo – Master Chief and Cortana
- Harry Potter – Ron and Hermione, Harry and Ginny
- Hey Arnold! – Arnold and Helga
- Kingdom Hearts – Sora and Kairi, Riku and Kairi, Organization XIII
- League of Legends – Lux and EZReal
- Life Is Strange – Max Caulfield and Chloe Price
- Looney Tunes – Daffy and Tina, Bugs and Lola Bunny
- Marvel – Peter Parker and Mary Jane, Cyclone and Storm, Tony Stark and Pepper Pots, Deadpool and Vanessa, Gambit and Rogue
- Metal Gear Solid – Snake and Meryl, Raiden and Rosemary
- Miraculous Ladybug – Marinette and Adrien
- Revolutionary Girl Utena- Utena and Anthy
- Mortal Kombat – Liu Kang and Kitana, Sonya and Johnny Cage
- My Hero Academia – Deku and Ochaco
- Neon Genesis Evangelion – Shinji and Asuka
- The Last Of Us – Ellie and Dina
- One Piece – Luffy and Nami, Robin and Zoro
- Overwatch – Genji and Mercy, Tracer and Emily
- Persona 5 – Joker and Makoto, Ryuji and Ann
- RE: Zero – Ram and Rem
- Otherside Picnic – Toriko and Sorao
- Sailor Moon – Usagi and Mamoru (Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask)
- Sonic The Hedgehog – Sonic and Amy, Knuckles and Rouge
- The Rose Of Versailles – Oscar and Marie
- Star Wars – Han Solo and Leia
- Super Mario – Mario/Bowser and Peach, Luigi and Daisy
- The Simpsons – Homer and Marge
- Teen Titans – Raven and Beast Boy
- Uncharted – Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher
- Where’s Waldo? – Waldo and Wenda
- Yu-Gi-Oh! – Yugi and Taya
- Yuri On Ice – Yuuri and Victor
- Totally Random – Peanut butter and jelly, bacon and eggs, Coke and Pepsi, Ketchup and Mustard
- Cells At Work – Killer T Cell and Platelet, White Blood Cell and Red Blood Cell
There you have it – cosplay ideas for couples!
If you’re interested in more cosplay ideas, here are some of my other posts you’ll enjoy:
- Here are 10+ Cosplay Ideas That’ll Be Popular In 2020!
- What To Do With Your Old And Used Cosplays? 5 Awesome Ways To Get Rid Of It
- 10 Easy Cosplay Ideas For Guys (Not Everyone Should Do #7 Though!)
- 10 Marvel Cosplay Ideas That You’ll Love!
- 2019 Cosplay Ideas – What We Got Right And Wrong
- 10 Magical Girl Cosplay Ideas (Popular and Obscure!)
- 10 Easy Cosplay Ideas For Girls (#10 Is Super Cute!)
- My Hero Academia – 10 MHA Cosplay Ideas!
If you have any other cosplay ideas for couples suggestions that I didn’t list, let me know in the comments below. 🙂
P.S. If you’re single and don’t have anyone to cosplay with, no worries. You can always have fun attending a con on your own. 🙂