Love is always in the air, which means you’re probably looking for cosplay ideas for couples!
These days, we’re always shipping 2 people today. Shipping is a thing now. But how do you separate the fake couples from the real ones? Well, if you’re wondering then you’re in the right place!
In this post, I have over 50 cosplay ideas for couples that you and your partner should definitely try together.
I’ll start with 10 in-depth suggestions and the rest in a list. Keep in mind that for this list, it doesn’t matter which gender you are, your sexual orientation or what type of relationship you’re in – you can do any of these cosplays regardless of these things!
NOTE: If you haven’t played or watched any of these series, there could be potential storyline spoilers for you. You’ve been warned! Read this cosplay ideas for couples post with caution!
With that out of the way, let’s get started!
DISCLAIMER: I have some affiliate links in this article if you’re looking to wear any of these cosplays. Either I myself have bought from those stores, or I truly feel they are great deals for a beginner cosplayer. I’ll only post links if I feel the price and quality are of good quality. If you’re buying from these sites, you’re also supporting me and my hobby so I appreciate it!
Tanjiro and Kanao from Demon Slayer
If you and your partner want to not only show your love for each but also for Demon Slayer, then definitely Tanjiro and Kanao is the best option for an Anime couple cosplay. Out of all the characters in the series, those two are definitely the most shippable couple. Throughout the season, they’ve shown that they care and love each other. 🙂
If you like female Anime characters like Kanao and Shinobu, click here to see a list of the top 25 Anime girl cosplay ideas.
Legoshi and Haru from Beastars
Another Anime couple cosplay worth doing! Beastars is a series that’s been getting quite a bit of attention. The show is already in its 2nd season and it’s an interesting series to say the least; the story takes place in an anthropomorphic world where herbivores and carnivores live together.
If you’ve watched or read the series, you know that Legoshi and Haru are the most shippable couple from Beastars. How cute and wonderful you guys would look; a big but shy wolf with a small but fierce rabbit!
You two can also do Juno and Louis as an alternative.
Legoshi and Haru are definitely underrated characters to cosplay. If you’re looking for more underrated cosplay ideas, click here to see a list of these characters!
Attack On Titan
UPDATE: 2021 was supposed to be the final season for Attack on Titan, but it’s not over yet! Even more reason to put on the military uniform for you two. Maybe 2022 will be the final year for AoT!
While there isn’t too much romance happening in AoT (they are fighting giant demons after all!), many fans have decided to ship their own characters together. Here are some of them:
- Eren and Mikasa
- Jean and Marco
- Christa and Ymir
Lola and Bugs Bunny
Space Jam is over 2 decades old but hear me out. The sequel, Space Jam 2, finally came out in 2021. So everyone is reminded of Bugs and Lola Bunny together. Best part is they’re both easy to cosplay; all you need is the Toon Squad jersey and shorts, some bunny ears and a basketball! An easy cosplay couple to do.
If you like casual or closet cosplay ideas like Lola and Bugs Bunny, click here for a list of 20 closet cosplay ideas you should definitely try that are easy and light on your wallet.
Deku and Ochaco from My Hero Academia
An Anime cosplay couple that will be popular in the near future. It’s no secret that Ochaco has a crush on the main character, Deku. Whenever My Hero Academia is finally done, we’ll probably see Deku and Ochaco together. So these two characters are the most obvious choice if you want to cosplay from MHA as a couple. You can spice it up and swap Ochaco for…Toga?! Or you can take out Deku and put Froppy instead.
If you and your partner rather not be a cliche cosplay, there are other MHA ships you can potentially do. Check further down in the post for more MHA cosplay couples ideas!
Korra and Asami from The Legend of Korra
Who doesn’t love Avatar? It’s a classic series with many memorable moments. But I’m sure we all loved the final scene between Korra and Asami even more so!
Why not show your love for the Avatar series by cosplaying two of the most loved characters in The Legend of Korra? There has definitely been some hype for Avatar once again. So it’s definitely a good time for a Korra and Asami cosplay couple choice!
Link and Zelda (most legendary of couples!)
The Hero of Time and The Goddess of Hylia – what a perfect couple! I feel like Link and Zelda are the dream cosplays for any couple. Although their costume isn’t the easiest to make, the costume design is definitely beautiful. And you can always get someone else to make it if you don’t feel like sewing a Zelda costume yourself.
Harley Quinn and Joker (most evilest of couples)
Harley Quinn may be the most overdone cosplay of all time, but for good reason. She is an awesome villain that resonates with DC fans. With Joker, you’d make for an awesome power couple being the most dysfunctional relationship in the fictional universe. And since they’re both popular characters, you’ll have no problems meeting other cosplayers at a con as well.
Ash and Misty
While it’s never confirmed in the Pokémon Anime that Ash and Misty liked each other, it’s somewhat implied that they did have feelings of some sort. In any case, it’s totally acceptable to cosplay the two together as a couple. So go ahead and dress up together as the most iconic characters of Pokemon! It’s a bonus that Ash and Misty are both easy cosplays to do. Be sure to bring a Pikachu and Togepi with you.
If you want more Pokémon cosplay ideas (or some different characters to pair together, other than Ash and Misty), then click here to see my list.
Kirito and Asuna (one of the most hated cosplay Anime couple?)
Sword Art Online might be the best Anime or the worst thing ever, depending on your perspective. But no matter how you feel about the series, Kirito and Asuna is still a cute Anime couple cosplay!
Naofumi and Raphtalia (newest Anime cosplay couple)
One of my personal favorites! This one is a relatively new Anime couple, since it’s from Shield Hero. While technically Raphtalia is the slave for Naofumi, we all want to ship them together! They make for a great power duo.
If you want to learn how make cosplay props like Raphtalia’s sword or Naofumi’s shield, I made a guide for it. Click here if you want to read it.
Sebastian and Ciel
Although Sebastian is just a demon butler to master Ciel in the storyline, as cosplayers they make for a great cosplay couple if you’re looking for an excuse to dress something fancy. For Ciel, you can opt for his wedding dress or the suit and the hat.
Ouran High School Host Club
Ouran Host Club is a great Anime couple cosplay to do your significant other! For one, it’s insanely easy to do – all you need is black dress pants, a dress shirt and tie, and the signature Ouran blue blazer. And you have a variety of characters to choose from. You can opt to be Haruhi and your partner can be one of the many members, including Temaki or Haruhi. The twins can also work as well!
Hetalia is an older series but still a great choice for a cosplay couple. Pick two countries like America and England, or Italy and Germany and you’re good!
Naruto and Hinata
Who doesn’t love Naruto? It’s one of the most successful Shonen Anime of all time. And what better couple to cosplay than Naruto and Hinata? Both are great characters in their own way, so whether you two are cosplaying at a convention or for a photoshoot, you’ll definitely lots of fans admiring you guys when together! One of the best and well-known Anime cosplay couple out there!
If you don’t want to cosplay Naruto and Hinata together, there are plenty of other Naruto characters to choose from! Click here for my list of Naruto cosplay ideas.
Even more cosplay ideas for couples!
If you didn’t like any of those, here are 50+ more ideas! I don’t have photos for all of them but if you’d like to send them to me, I’d more than happy to feature you.
Here they are:
- Genshin Impact: Jean and Diluc, Childe and Lumine, Kaeya and Diluc, Jean and Lisa, Aether and Keqing, Zhongli and Ningguang
- Love Live! – Yuu and Ayumu
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? – Bell and Hestia
- Aquaman – Aquaman and Mera
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Zuko and Mae
- Bleach – Ichigo and Orihime
- Cowboy Bebop – Spike and Julia (or Faye possibly)
- D/C Comics – Superman and Wonder Women, Clark Kent and Lois Lane, Batman and Catwoman
- Death Note – Light and Misa
- Horimiya – Hori and Miyamura
- Disney – Mickey and Minnie, Aladdin and Jasmine, Ariel and Prince Eric, William Turner and Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Caribbean), Beauty and the Beast
- Dragon Ball Z – Goku and Chi Chi, Gohan and Videl, Android 18 and Krillen from Dragonball Z, Vegeta and Bulma
- Fairy Tail – Lucy and Natsu, Erza and Jellal
- Final Fantasy – Tidus and Yuna (best one IMO), Lulu and Wakka, Cloud and Aeris (or Tifa), Cecil and Rosa, Snow and Serah, Squall and Ronia, Locke and Celes, Zidane and Garnet
- Fire Emblem – Marth and Caeda, Corrin and Azura…(really you can just pick 2 characters and they would probably match)
- Fullmetal Alchemist – Edward Elric and Winry Rockbell, Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye (highly recommend this one :))
- Game of Thrones – Daenerys and Jon Snow
- Halo – Master Chief and Cortana
- Harry Potter – Ron and Hermione, Harry and Ginny
- Hey Arnold! – Arnold and Helga
- Kingdom Hearts – Sora and Kairi, Riku and Kairi, Organization XIII
- League of Legends – Lux and EZReal
- Life Is Strange – Max Caulfield and Chloe Price
- Looney Tunes – Daffy and Tina, Bugs and Lola Bunny
- Marvel – Peter Parker and Mary Jane, Cyclone and Storm, Tony Stark and Pepper Pots, Deadpool and Vanessa, Gambit and Rogue
- Metal Gear Solid – Snake and Meryl, Raiden and Rosemary
- Miraculous Ladybug – Marinette and Adrien
- Revolutionary Girl Utena- Utena and Anthy
- Mortal Kombat – Liu Kang and Kitana, Sonya and Johnny Cage
- My Hero Academia – Deku and Ochaco
- Neon Genesis Evangelion – Shinji and Asuka
- The Last Of Us – Ellie and Dina
- One Piece – Luffy and Nami, Robin and Zoro
- Overwatch – Genji and Mercy, Tracer and Emily
- Persona 5 – Joker and Makoto, Ryuji and Ann
- RE: Zero – Ram and Rem
- Otherside Picnic – Toriko and Sorao
- Sailor Moon – Usagi and Mamoru (Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask)
- Sonic The Hedgehog – Sonic and Amy, Knuckles and Rouge
- The Rose Of Versailles – Oscar and Marie
- Star Wars – Han Solo and Leia
- Super Mario – Mario/Bowser and Peach, Luigi and Daisy
- The Simpsons – Homer and Marge
- Teen Titans – Raven and Beast Boy
- Uncharted – Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher
- Where’s Waldo? – Waldo and Wenda
- Yu-Gi-Oh! – Yugi and Taya
- Yuri On Ice – Yuuri and Victor
- Totally Random – Peanut butter and jelly, bacon and eggs, Coke and Pepsi, Ketchup and Mustard
- Cells At Work – Killer T Cell and Platelet, White Blood Cell and Red Blood Cell
There you have it – cosplay ideas for couples!
P.S. If you’re single and don’t have anyone to cosplay with, no worries. i can show you how to make some cosplay friends or even potential partners (click here to read). And You can always have fun attending a con on your own. 🙂
If you’re interested in more cosplay ideas, here are some of my other posts you’ll enjoy:
- Here are 10+ Cosplay Ideas That’ll Be Popular In 2022!
- 10 Easy Cosplay Ideas For Guys
- 10 Easy Cosplay Ideas For Girls (#10 Is Super Cute!)
If you have any other cosplay ideas for couples suggestions that I didn’t list, let me know in the comments below. 🙂
My name is Roger Senpai. I’m a cosplayer that’s been in the community for well over a decade now. I’ve traveled all over the world to Anime and Comic conventions and hosted my own cosplay events. Now I’m writing articles for new and experienced cosplayers like you to help inspire, save you money and improve your cosplays!