Are you looking for a Genshin Impact cosplay to do? The game is incredibly popular right now, and whether you’re a hardcore fan or not, I’m sure you want to take part and cosplay a character from the series. If so, you’re right in the right place!
In this article, I’ll show you 40+ awesome Genshin Impact outfit ideas you can do. I’ve also included for most characters: all the materials, fabrics, accessories you need to craft each and every character on your own. If you rather buy the costumes however, then I’ve also included links to where you can purchase some of them!
Keep in mind that every cosplayer has their own techniques for crafting, so your results may not necessarily exactly like the photos shown here.
When I originally wrote this article, Genshin Impact was picking up steam. But now this game has taken over the gaming AND cosplay world! And why not; what’s not to love about this game?
It’s a lot of fun, there’s a great story and most importantly, the characters are so fun and interesting…sort of like ones in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. There are so many reasons why this game is popular. (If you want to know why, check out this detailed study (Megan Chao. “Mechanics of Ascension Through Genshin Impact” ART 108: Introduction to Games Studies (2021).
So if you’re looking for Genshin Impact cosplay ideas or you want to beat the cosplay hype deadline, then this post is for you!
Either way, here’s why I believe cosplaying from Genshin Impact is not a bad choice at all:
- The game is already insanely popular and will continue to be for a very long time. It’s one of the most successful gacha games of all time. So you can bet that people will know who you are if you’re doing a Genshin Impact cosplay.
- Every single character is 3D and fleshed out with personality. From the adorable Paimon to the cold-hearted Diluc, there’s probably a character for you worth cosplaying.
- The outfits for every character are truly magnificent! So whether you’re looking a costume-making challenge or you want to wear a fancy outfit, Genshin Impact cosplay is right for you.
- If it wasn’t for the pandemic, I’m pretty damn sure you’d be seeing a bunch of group photoshoots for this series. Much like MHA and Love Live!, Genshin Impact will eventually be one of those series that will see tons of amazing cosplay group photoshoots!
So if any of this stuff resonates with you, then read on. Here are the 40+ Genshin Impact outfit ideas that you will love.
Alright, let’s goooo!
AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER: I have some affiliate links in this article if you’re looking to wear any of these cosplays. If you’re buying from these sites, you’re also supporting me and my hobby so I appreciate it!
1. Shenhe (Exorcist Waifu)
One of the newest characters in Genshin Impact! Shenhe is an exorcist girl who was born human but raised by supernatural gods (Adepti). So she has the quite the story and upbringing! Nevertheless, Shenhe is another Ice Waifu added to the game that you should consider cosplaying. Think of her outfit like a bodysuit, but fancier.
2. Lisa (Waifu Genshin Impact hot cosplay)
Lisa is like the perfect Waifu in this game with her charming looks and sultry voice. 🙂 While Lisa can be super flirty towards the main character, she is also pretty smart and uses her epic skills to cast magic spells in battle. Lisa is pretty damn popular! Just search her up on YouTube and see what kind of video results you get. She’s the perfect Genshin Impact sexy cosplay idea you’re looking for. 😉
What you’ll need to cosplay Lisa:
- Wig – You can specifically purchase a Lisa wig or you can restyle any blonde wig to suit her style.
- Hat – Making a large witch hat is a challenge in and of itself because it can get very heavy very quickly. One technique is to make the entire hat out of foam or cardboard, and then to cover it with fabric, lace, and sculpted details. Another technique is to repurpose witch hat brims by sacrificing two dollar store witch hats brims to create a larger witch hat. This method makes the hat more lightweight but is also more tricky.
- Dress – Lisa’s dress is very complicated in design but can be broken down into three main parts. The first part is the bust – this is just white fabric with a fancy gold trim. You can repurpose a tube top or dress for that. The second part is the torso. I would draft a solid purple sloper or corset as the base, and then add the appliques on top with HeatnBond or fabric glue. The third section is the dress portion. Lisa’s flowy dress has a few different sections. The front section is a glorified rectangle, and the back section is like a flowy half- circle skirt.
- Shoes – Any black heel would suffice, but I recommend something with a thicker block heel as it’s more comfortable to walk around on. You can always make the angle strap yourself.
- Accessories – Lisa’s gloves and socks are not as important as her main outfit but you want to find something lacy to match the level of detail on her outfit. Make sure that the lace is stretchy so it conforms to your body better.
3. Raiden Shogun (The Electro Archon)
Raiden Shogun, also known as the Electro Archon God! Did you know that Raiden Shogun was the most popular character banner (as of early 2022)? This just shows how insanely popular the Electro Archon is. Not just in the game but in the cosplay world as well. There have been tons of Raiden Shogun cosplayers and for good reason. Not only is her outfit super hot, but everyone likes her character design. I mean, who doesn’t want to dress up as the fierce Archon who pulls a sword out of her chest?
4. Barbara (Idol Genshin Impact cosplay)
Do you love idols? Then Barbara should be your next cosplay choice. Although Barbara is a deaconess of the Mondstadt church who heals people, she also sings and dances for her beloved followers, like an idol does! Her outfit is cute and awesome, which is why Barbara is probably the most popular choice for a Genshin Impact cosplay.
What you’ll need to cosplay Barbara:
- Wig – You can find a twintail wig online. To create the bouncy drill curls at the end, study how Teto cosplayers or Danganronpa cosplayers use the tape-and-wire method to mimic drills.
- Hat – You can make this cute hat out of craft foam and it will keep its shape much better than fabric.
- Dress – Barbara’s dress comes in three parts: the main body, the collar, and the sleeves. I would also remember to wear a petticoat under your dress to create a bigger, bell shape. You can use a black tulle petticoat for the best results.
- Socks – White thigh-highs.
- Shoes – Any white boot would probably be okay, but if you want to be accurate with the design, you can make a boot cover with the food wrap and duct tape technique.
5. Thoma (Inazuma Husbando)
Thoma is a popular character in Genshin. Why? Because he is known as the Chief Retainer; he helps the main character navigate through Inazuma. Not only that, he’s great at doing chores and cooking meals for his friends and the people he serves. You couldn’t ask more from a guy like Thoma. If you’re looking for a Husbando to cosplay, then Thoma can be your guy!
6. Ayaka (Inazuma Genshin Impact cosplay)
The princess of the Kamisato House, Ayaka was one of the most hyped characters in Genshin before she was recently released, along with the new region of Inazuma (based on Japan)! Now that Ayaka is around, I’ve seen quite a few Ayaka cosplays already and she looks awesome. Her outfit and design look amazing, so you should definitely consider Ayaka to jump on that cosplay hype.
What you’ll need to cosplay Ayaka:
- Wig – Use a wig head or place the wig on your own head to measure out where your eyes are. Then cut straight across to achieve the “-hime” bangs. You can then feather them out slightly at the ends by snipping upwards.
- Dress – This is a fairly complicated design, but you can make it more approachable by breaking it down into colours. Each colour as its own block and then sew all the panels together.
- Socks – Find a pair of white socks and add a ribbon detail by hand sewing a cute cross shape.
7. Kojou Sara (Loyal servant)
I feel like Kojou Sara is underated in the game. She’s known as the loyal servant to the Electro Archon, the Raiden Shogun, and that’s all we know her as. In the game, she isn’t too strong or popular due to her awkward build. But Kojou Sara is a pretty cool character; she’s a fierce woman who takes her role very seriously. And she can kick some serious ass!
As for cosplaying, she’s definitely not as popular, at least compared to Raiden Shogun. So Kojou Sara is a great choice if you want to dress up as a character who’s lesser known. And she’s got a great outfit, which is a nice bonus!
8. Bennett (Unlucky Adventurer)
Bennett reminds me of Naruto Uzumaki: full of energy and enthusiasm! But unlike Naruto, Bennett tends to have a lot of bad luck come to him. That’s why he has the title of Unlucky Adventurer. For his costume, he mostly wears regular clothing. As of right now, not many people have cosplayed Bennett. And he’s one of the most useful characters in the game. Cosplaying Bennett may get you some unexpected cosplay hype!
What you’ll need to cosplay Bennett:
- Wig – Bennett’s wig has fairly simple sectioning in the class “M” bangs shape. You can make your wig more accurate by spiking the back using hair wax or hair spray. The goggles can be real goggles, or you can make a headband prop instead. This might be easier to keep on your head if you never intend to put the goggles on your face (which he never does).
- Shirt – Start with a white dress shirt and add sections of red at the bottom to lengthen it. Use fabric paint to paint the collar black to match his design.
- Pants – If you can find a pair of baggy cargo pants in blue, then that would be perfect. However, if you can’t, you can make your own with thick polyester material. Don’t forget to add pockets to make it more functional.
- Side bag – I would make this side bag prop out of foam.
9. Yun Jin (Opera Singer!)
Yun Jin is one of the newest characters in the game. Her outfit is simply amazing, which is already good enough reason to cosplay her. But her lore is very interesting as well. Yun Jin is an opera singer and dancer from Liyue, who not only loves fine arts, but also secretly enjoys non-traditional as well. It’s a classic trope of a traditional character that is also into the modern stuff. If you want to wear a cute and beautiful dress, then consider cosplaying Yun Jin.
10. Hu Tao (Boo Tao)
Hu Tao is quite the interesting character! She is the director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, and tries to advertise her “services” to the people of Liyue Harbor, much to their annoyance. Hu Tao has a morbid sense of humour and loves to spook others. Even though she has been released recently, she’s already quite popular with Genshin players. Hu Tao holds a staff and wears a cute outfit, so if you like to make odd jokes like her, you should cosplay as her!
What you’ll need to cosplay Hu Tao:
- Wig – Hu Tao’s wig is sectioned into two sides, which you can easily re-create just by parting it in the middle back. One trick when parting wigs is to use a crisscross pattern instead of just parting straight down because that hides the weft better. You will probably be able to find a wig tinted red at the bottom, but if you can’t, you can recreate the look with hair chalk.
- Hat – ideally, you should find a magician’s hat and then just make it shorter. However, you can also make the hat from scratch. Just remember to measure your head with your wig on, as it can be a few inches larger in circumference.
- Coat – You may be able to purchase a robe coat to use as the base. Then add the cuffs and snip away the front to the desired shape. For the 3D elements, you can embroider the details by hand with an embroidery hoop. Another option is to trace the pattern on pleather and sew on the details. There are some details on the inside of her coat which you can replicate with fabric paint since there are some organic shapes and colours that may be difficult to find. You can mix one part acrylic paint with one part fabric medium to make your own custom fabric paint colours. For the oriental buttons, you will need about 1.5y of cord. You can tie the cord yourself to mimic the shapes on her coat. There are a ton of YouTube tutorials around how to tie cord into a variety of different buttons.
- Pants – If comfort is a priority, you can wear a pair of black safety shorts or a pair of black short jean shorts. If accuracy is a priority, find a similar fabric to her coat and sew on some ¼” gold bias tape on the sides.
- Shoes – Any pair of loafers or Mary Jane’s would work for this outfit.
11. Arataki Itto (Super Husbando)
If you’re looking to cosplay a fun and wild guy, then Arataki Itto is definitely a great choice! Itto is someone who loves to have a lot of fun, even at the expense of the commanders who take care of the Inazuma region, like Kojou Sara. And no, you don’t need to have ripped 6 packs to cosplay Itto. You just need his horns and his fun smile to dress up as him.
12. Mona (THICC Broke Astrologist)
Mona is one of the most popular 5-star characters in the game! She’s the broke astrologist with an awesome fashion sense: leotard, high heels, fancy hat and astronomy-themed outfit. With her powerful spell casting and ability to see the stars like a true astrologist, Mona definitely thinks highly of herself. She reminds me of Rin Tohsaka from Fate!
If you want to look like a fancy mage, Mona is your girl!
What you’ll need to cosplay Mona:
- Wig – Find a short base wig with two clip-on ponytails. You might need to style the ends by using a hair tie and then feeding it into a large foam bead. The bead should clip into the hair, locking it in place.
- Hat – It will be very difficult to wear your hat with the clip-on ponytails no matter what you do. Thus, it is extremely important to have clips on the underside of the large witch hat to keep it in place on your head. To achieve the iconic cartoony witch hat look that is floppy on only one side, you will have to insert a wire on the inside to pose the brim. This trick also allows you to position the hat exactly as you want for every photo.
- Bodysuit – Mona’s bodysuit is very complex and I would not recommend this project to a beginner. You can purchase her base cosplay for about $200 online after shipping and it should come with all of the accessories too. However, you can do little upgrades on your own to make the bodysuit stand out. For example, you can recreate the crest on her chest to be 3D using foam clay. You can also add lingerie underwire to the cups to help them keep its shape and provide more support for larger chests.
- Tights – Mona wears black tights with darker diamond details. You can dye your tights with a sharpie and tape (to keep the edges clean). You can also draw the diamonds to your legs with eyeliner or body paint. Remember to seal the makeup before you put on your tights.
13. La Signora (Elite Agent)
La Signora is one of the Fatui Harbingers that was introduced early on in the game. She’s one of the bad guys with an aggressive attitude and won’t stop to fulfill her Archon’s goals. La Signora is incredibly powerful, being one of the top Harbingers. Her beautiful and elaborate outfit is why so many have cosplayed her already. It is one of the more complicated costumes to make, but if you’re up for the challenge, then you’ll look fabulous as La Signora!
14. Rosaria (Edgy Nun)
While Rosaria is a nun like Barbara, she is the complete opposite of her. Rosaria has a cold personality and she doesn’t seem to care much about her duties at the church. But she’s interesting as she operates during the night time, observing things to see who will threaten her people. As such, if you prefer to cosplay someone who is edgier and flashier, Rosaria is a good pick.
What you’ll need to cosplay Rosaria:
- Wig – Rosaria’s wig is very simple: a spiky short base wig with a few longer clumps. There is also a section with a little bit of a deeper red and the good news is that you can easily dye wigs darker but it’s hard to dye them lighter. You can use the sharpie method or a synthetic fabric dye to make this work. The alternative to both is to grab a weft of darker hair and sew it on.
- Hat – This hat almost looks more like a crown or a headband and I would treat it as such when making it. Use foam or Worbla to help it stand up.
- Shirt – A generic white bra should do the trick here if you’re looking for something with more support. However, if you’re looking for more accuracy, you can make just the dress without the back support.
- Dress – This well fitted dress with a high slit is a key part of her design. When selecting fabrics, I would choose something sturdy and woven with no stretch.
- Arm bands – Believe it or not, I would actually wear socks or tights on her arms because of how closely fitted these arm bands are.
- Tights – Fishnet tights can be purchased for about $2. You can layer them on tights of your choice.
- Shoes – Find a nude or white pair of shoes and you’ll be able to easily paint them gold.
15. Ningguang (Geo Mommy)
Ningguang is one of the leaders who watches over Liyue. She is a rich businesswoman who is smart and uses her own network to ensure the safety of her citizens. All she cares about is money, and with the way her outfit looks, you can definitely tell! Ningguang has a beautiful design, so she’s a more difficult but wonderful cosplay option.
What you’ll need to cosplay Ningguang:
- Wig – This wig is fairly simple to construct. You will need to create a faux bun at the back. If you can get wefts in the same colour that would be ideal. Otherwise, you can re-weft two wigs together to create a thicker wig. The bun at the back of her head can be faked by making a hollow base out of a lightweight tulle. Glue or sew wig fibres in one direction to cover up any spots with tulle showing and then clipped onto the hair. The red weft at the front of her hair can easily be added in with either wig glue or with some thread and a needle.
- Dress – Ningguang wears a very basic sleeveless chinese qipao with two slits instead of one. This means that the fabric you choose will be a non-stretchy thick silk brocade. If you are using expensive fabric, it might make sense to draft a pattern out of muslin or a bedsheet first to ensure that it fits you and you have enough wiggle room to breathe and move around. You can also control the height of the slit to ensure it flatters your body type.
- Tights – While underwear is optional when wearing qipao, you may want to err on the side of caution with cosplay. Wear a pair of nude tights and mark where you want the large diamond shapes to be with a fabric marker. Find a piece of two-way stretch fabric (such as another pair of tights or a thin spandex or polyester) and pin on the tights where you want the diamond shapes to sit. Take off the tights and sew them down. Don’t forget to serge or hem the edges of the diamonds to keep the clean and sharp.
- Accessories – Ningguang has some very intricate gloves and a weird arm cape. For the gloves, find a pair of stretchy black long opera gloves. You can add the gold cuff and detailing with faux leather. Use 2mm foam or paper to make the long claws and attach them directly to your gloves with some velcro on the finger parts. For the dangly cape part, ensure you add wires or some kind of interfacing to make it thicker and ensure sure it doesn’t fold over on itself. To make Ningguang’s pipe, you can use what you have at home to build the base. For example, use a chopstick or a wooden dowel to make the length of the pipe, and then sculpt the opening of the pipe with something mouldable such as clay.
16. Kazuha (The Poet)
Kazuha is actually the first character from Inazuma that was revealed in 2021. He’s an interesting character with a talent for words, as he is quite the poet. I say that Kazuha is even more popular now, given how incredibly strong he is in the game. And he’s also very important in the story. So while Kazuha may not be your typical Husbando like Kaeya or Zhongli, he is still a popular character that many will recognize.
17. Tartaglia (Anti-hero Genshin Impact cosplay)
Tartaglia (nickname Childe) is one of the Fatui Harbingers, a powerful and elite group in Genshin Impact. Although he’s an extremely violent and strong fighter, he is quite kind-hearted in other areas, such as caring for his little brother. That’s what makes Tartaglia so interesting; is he a good or bad guy? Only time will tell. But either way, he’s a Husbando that people love!
What you’ll need to cosplay Tartaglia:
- Wig – To achieve the flippy gravity defying hair, you will need hairspray, scissors, and a lot of patience. Section out each clump of hair. Then tease and hairspray it until it stays in the spot you want it to.
- Mask – You can either 3D print or make the mask out of Worbla. Paint and add small elastic to wear it. You can easily hide the elastic under the wig hairs.
- Shirt – Childe doesn’t wear a shirt!
- Blazer & Pants – If you can find a two piece blazer and pant suit set then you are in a good place. Find a slightly lighter grey for the front panel and pin it on top. To expose on side of your stomach, you may have to trim the bottom of the blazer to mimic this interesting fashion design choice.
- Scarf – Find a flowy fabric such as cotton broadcloth or organza. Cut in a long strip of it and then pin it in place with a safety pin to the shoulders of the blazer. Make the charm with worbla and foam and pin that on the scarf and blazer as well.
- Shoes – Dress shoes.
18. Yae Miko (Kitsune Waifu)
Yae Miko was introduced during the Inazuma arc of the story as the Head Maiden of the Grand Narukami Shrine, as well as a close friend of Raiden Shogun. Since then, she’s been a popular character that everyone is waiting for! While she’s appeared in the story multiple times, she hasn’t been playable…up until now. She is scheduled to be released very soon, and there’s already a lot of hype regarding that! And who can blame them? Yae is a gorgeous-looking character based off the Kitsune. And her personality is so sassy and mysterious, you can’t help but be intrigued by her.
19. Ganyu (Cocogoat Waifu)
The Cocogoat Waifu. Ganyu is also a half adepti, meaning she has superpowers…including being able to do several tasks at the same time. This makes her the perfect secretary for the Liyue Qixing. Ganyu’s outfit is awesome and she’s one of the most liked characters in the game, making her an awesome choice for Genshin Impact cosplay.
What you’ll need to cosplay Ganyu:
- Blue wig – Bonus if you can get the ombre tips.
- Black bodysuit – You’re in luck because there are a myriad of styles to choose from online and in thrift stores due to the whole bodysuit boom. Once you have the base piece, you can snip off the back to make it more accurate.
- Black tights – Any pair will do but I recommend getting something with 300d or more for the opacity. Cut the details out of 5mm craft foam and paint to match your reference.
- Horns – If you weren’t able to grab a pair during Halloween, you can easily DIY your own from tin foil and clay or cardboard. Mount it to a headband for easy placement and wear.
- Sleeves and dress – Here’s where things get a little tricky. Grab a curtain (or another fabric that is a little thicker to prevent wrinkles) and some blue fabric paint. Cut out the correct amount you will need and paint on the details. Use a stencil to ensure your edges are sharp.
- Cowbell – The dollar store is your best bet here. If you can’t find a bell you can try to make one out of craft foam. It won’t ring, but it will be much lighter around your neck.
- Shoes – Any shoe store will have the nude pumps that you’re looking for.
- Black Gloves – Chances are you or a friend might already have these lying around! If not, check the winter and gardening section at your local dollar store.
20. Sucrose (innocent Genshin Impact cosplay)
Do you like smart-looking magic users? Then Sucrose is your girl to cosplay! Armed with alchemy skills and ability to think outside the box, Sucrose’s biggest frustration is trying to name all her crazy experiments. She may be just a side character compared to Amber or Paimon but she’s still a great character. And her outfit is really awesome!
What you’ll need to cosplay Sucrose:
- Wig – Sucrose has very flippy hair. One easy way to achieve this effect is to pin your wig to a wig head and flip it upside down. Then use a blow dryer to heat the fibres and then spray into place. This is a quick method to achieve slight curls. For more dramatic curls, use curlers and let the hair cool before taking them out.
- Glasses – Probably the most iconic Sucrose prop. You can purchase plano lenses and then take them out – or use your own glasses if you have very round looking ones.
- Dress– There is so much that’s up for your own interpretation in this design. For example, one might see Sucrose’s dress as a frilly bodysuit instead and construct it that way. If you build this costume in layers from the inside white layer, to the blue layer, to the white sleeves, it becomes much more manageable.
- Socks – When selecting fabrics, keep her colour palette in mind. It may be easiest to get a pair of translucent tights in grey and cut holes along the sides.
- Shoes – Select a white boot with some green elements.
21. Dottore (Future Genshin Impact villain)
Dottore is a character that hasn’t been revealed yet in the game. But there’s been lots of details about him in the Genshin manga. He is one of the Fatui Harbingers with a knack for experiments, such as playing around with Ruin Guards (a common enemy in the game). Dottore is pretty sadistic, with little regard to who will suffer because of his experiments. He looks pretty managing as well. So you may want to cosplay Dottore to jump on that early cosplay hype, before he is eventually revealed in the actual game.
What you’ll need to cosplay Dottore:
- White trench coat with magneta-colored fabric inside
- Strips on the outside with a light beige fabric paint
- White gloves
- Grey pants with the strips
- White shoes
- Blue striped vest
- Magneta bowtie
- Mask (you can use papermaché and a thin layer of air-dry clay)
- Light blue wig
- 1 earring
22. Kaeya (Best Boy Genshin Impact cosplay)
Man, Kaeya looks so much like Chrom from Fire Emblem! But anyways…Kaeya is the Cavalry Captain in the Knights of Favonius. Much like Lisa, Kaeya is a charming dude who uses his wits to trick people. Sadly, as good-looking as he may be, Kaeya is pretty underpowered in the game itself. Oh well, at least you can keep him in your party and still simp for him. Kaeya is also a Genshin Impact sexy cosplay. 🙂
What you’ll need to cosplay Kaeya:
- Wig – Use a hair tie and tie the wig into a ponytail and some smaller clear hair ties to create the ahoge (the hair strands at the top of the head). Trim the bangs to the desired length and then blast with hairspray so it keeps the shape. If you need more volume for the flippy bits, tease with a comb.
- Shirt – You can dip dye a plain white dress shirt to achieve the desired effect and then button only a few buttons at the bottom and leave the chest area open. Crop it to achieve the correct length.
- Pants – Black or navy blue dress pants would do the trick here. If you can find extra suiting material, you can even create a little corset top in the matching fabric and attach it to the shirt.
- Cape – Kaeya’s cape is what brings out his entire character and has two main portions. The top portion looks fluffy and you can recreate this look with a faux fur material – the longer the better. The back of the cape is just plain white fabric. You can use a bedsheet with interfacing (to thicken the fabric) to quickly fasten something that looks similar.
- Belt – Grab a plain brown belt and add sculpted accessories with foam clay to achieve the desired effect. Foam clay is easy to sculpt, lightweight and takes paint well. You can make any other accessories from foam clay as well, such as the earrings.
- Accessories – For Kaeya’s gloves, use foam clay to sculpt the spiky details and then attach it to a black foam base covered in faux leather. You can purchase an eyepatch for about $2 during Halloween or make your own with a small scrap of black fabric and some black elastic – look for the kind that’s used for mask making. Double up the fabric to make it a little thicker.
23. Razor (Wolf Boy)
Razor is actually a human, but since he was raised by wolves, his personality is similar to that animal. Since he knows very little human language, Razor is honest and gets straight to the point! Razor hasn’t been cosplayed by many people, so he would be an obscure choice. But if you want to cosplay someone who is less popular, Razor is a good option.
What you’ll need to cosplay Razor:
- Wig – Razor has very big hair with lots of spikes. It might make sense to add extra wefts to ensure you have enough volume when styling his wig.
- Hat – This is a detached hood. You can pin it down to the wig to ensure it doesn’t move around or sew alligator clips to the inside of the hood.
- Shirt – To me, Razor looks like someone who would wear a knit vest. It would be ideal to find a mustard yellow knit sweater which I could transform into the vest. You can then snip off the sleeves and dye them a shade darker for the arm bands.
- Pants – If Razor could wear camo pants, I bet he would. Find a faded pair of green army or cargo pants (ideally with a yellow undertone) so it matches with his vest.
- Shoes – Any kind of brown or black work boot would be perfect. You can also create a boot cover if you cannot find a boot that is the correct length.
- Sword – Never hurts to have a big claymore sword to complement your cosplay! You can make this sword out of your preferred crafting material, be it wood or Worbla.
24. Beidou (Genshin Impact cosplay – Pirate Edition!)
Captain of the Crux fleet. Beidou is your girl if you want to cosplay someone strong and fearless! She is one of the most popular cosplay choices because of her awesome design. Bonus points if you have a big sword to accompany her outfit.
What you’ll need to cosplay Beidou:
- Wig -A faux part can be created on your wig just by parting the wig fibres towards the direction you want. You can use a flat iron to style her side-swept bangs.
- Bodysuit – Image Beidou’s outfit in two layers. The inner layer consists of a black bodysuit, which you can find at any fashion retailer. The outer layer consists of the red skirt. You can create the skirt in 3 different sections and sew it to the bodysuit so it is easier to put on. Sew a matching Chinese collar.
- Socks – You can get plain black over-the-knee socks and add a removable sock topper to give the illusion of longer socks.
- Shoes – Look for a gold heel with an ankle strap. You can also paint a shoe the correct colour.
- Cape – Beidou’s cape is a red circle cape attached to a fluffy white trim at the top. You can create a faux fur trim. It’s a little hard to tell how this cape attaches to her clothes, but you can either add an invisible strap or add hooks on your main bodysuit.
- Gloves – These gloves look quite thick at the ends. You can achieve this effect by covering a sheet of craft foam with faux leather and adding a decorative trim.
- Accessories – Beidou’s main accessories are her hairpin and matching earrings. You can make these out of 2mm craft foam painted or out of foam clay. Both options will result in a paintable lightweight prop. Please remember to use a foam primer if you’re using craft foam. Create a dip-dyed tassel using embroidery thread.
25. Amber (Best Girl Genshin Impact outfit ideas)
One of the first characters you meet in the game, Amber is an Outrider of the Knights of Favonius (aka part of the Montstadt royalty). She is a master glider and specializes in using the bow! Although Paimon may be the true ambassador and mascot of Genshin Impact, I say Amber is also a poster girl for this game with her looks and cool-looking outfit. If anyone has played this game, they’ll definitely know who Amber is!
What you’ll need to cosplay Amber:
- Red coat, headband, details – you can thrift a cotton or polyester hoodie and alter to fit your body. Cut the shape to be similar to Amber’s M-shaped bangs to get the best effect.
- Brown wig – One of my favourite wig stores is Wig Supplier wig-supplier.com and you can find an Amber wig or just a generic brown wig.
- Belt and gloves – Dollar store gardening section all the way.
- Shirt – get a brown shirt and a white shirt and hack them together to make a brown and white shirt! Fabric paint the details.
- Gold embroidery – You can get puffy paint from your local craft store to achieve a raised effect and use craft foam for the base.
- Brown shorts – Thrift store is your best bet to find some class brown shorts. Look in the pants section too and you might be able to find a steal.
- Thigh high boots – You need a cheap heel and some thigh-high socks. Cut a hole in the heel of a white thigh high sock and slip the heel though and you’ve got some DIY thigh high boots.
- Goggles – Amazon has some dank aviator goggles!
26. Diluc (another Male Genshin Impact cosplay)
Diluc is quite the nobleman of Mondstadt. While he takes pride in his appearance, on the battlefield he is just as fierce as his cold personality. I consider Diluc a tsundere, so if you’re looking for a “Sasuke” type of Genshin Impact cosplay, then Diluc’s your guy!
What you’ll need to cosplay Diluc:
- Wig – You’ll want to trim Diluc’s “M” bangs to be just around your eye level and layer his ponytail to achieve the segmented look. Backcomb the wig fibres to add some volume to the wig and then blast with a holding spray.
- Shirt – Get a generic white dress shirt for the bash and embellish by topstitching some complimentary white lines.
- Blazer – This pirate-looking blazer is the main visual factor that you’ll want to focus on. If you can find a long coat to alter, you can add the gold details with a faux leather and then use HeatnBond or topstitch to achieve the desired effect. I have also spray painted black lace gold with some success. For the shoulder pads, use 6mm craft foam and then cover with fabric and tassels. Add belt loops to the bottom of the shoulder pads and attach with safety pins to your coat.
- Pants – Black dress pants would be perfect here.
- Shoes – You can create faux boot toppers the same way you create sock toppers. Use faux leather to create the folded-down effect and then wear it like a sock before putting on your shoe.
- Accessories – You can create the following accessories with foam clay and some faux leather: tie, belts, gloves, charms. Remember to seal your paint to prevent it from chipping or cracking.
27. Diona (cute Genshin Impact cosplay)
Diona is everyone’s favorite bartender in Mondstadt! But the funny thing is that she actually despises alcohol after seeing what it had done to her father. She’s one of many great Genshin Impact outfit ideas if you like cat paws and tails.
What you’ll need to cosplay Diona:
- Ears and tail – You can commission a calico cat set online from an independent artist for about $150-$200. Or, make your own with white faux fur and an airbrush. Due to the complexity of the calico fur pattern, it may be easier to purchase these. Dying faux fur in patches can be tricky so airbrushing is the best option for tinting fibres a different colour.
- Wig – Ideally, you should purchase a lacefront wig to mimic the look of a real hairline. When pulling back Diona’s hair into a little ponytail, you can use a hair tie to secure the wig fibres first and then use a decorative string after with beads on the end to mimic the look.
- Hat – Diona’s hat is so fluffy and big! You can create your own hat by thinking of it like a cushion. Use stuffing between two layers to achieve the desired effect and then pin to your wig. It might be a little heavy so use lots of bobby pins when securing it. Alternatively, you can also stuff the hat with tulle.
- Shirt – Get a white dress shirt and crop it to the desired length. Harvest the collar from a blue dress shirt and attach it under the white one. Create a puffy sleeve by gathering a large rectangle of fabric at one end and taper it down towards the other end. Secure with a white elastic.
- Pants – Diona’s shorts are tricky due to the uncommon silhouette of the puffed legs. However, you can achieve a similar effect with the same gathering technique as your sleeves.
- Scarf – Find a white scarf or rectangle of fabric and add foam or fabric flowers to the ends and sew it to your shirt.
- Bag – Make a cute prop out of faux leather. You can even paint the edges to give it a faux trim. This might be easier than sewing the trims on one by one. Add highlights and lowlights with a little bit of paint to add dimension, if desired.
- Shoes – You can create boot covers by using the food wrap and duct tape method. Cover your shoe in food wrap, and then duct tape and use a marker to draw a pattern. Cut out this pattern and re-create it in fabric. Reattach your fabric to your shoe using some elastics at the bottom.
28. Fischl (Prinzessin Der Verurteilung)
If you watch a lot of Anime, you probably heard of a Chuunibyou. Well, Fischl is THE Chuunibyou in this game. She’s got the eyepatch, overexagerrated backstory, a mysterious Raven that follows her around, and of course she talks in very cryptic language. Fischl’s cool-looking outfit and unique personality makes her very popular in Genshin. With that said, her outfit in real life is very revealing, so do keep in that mind if you want to cosplay her.
What you’ll need to cosplay Fischl:
- Wig – You can purchase a Fischl wig online. Look for something with two clip-on ponytails to save yourself the time of styling your own.
- Bodysuit – This would be an expert-level project, so I do recommend purchasing a Fischl cosplay, as she is one of the more popular characters with a variety of different online shops already creating their own version of her. However, if you do decide to start from scratch, look for a lacy bodysuit to base the rest of the elements on. Add the colours layer by layer to decrease the chances of the bodysuit warping due to strain in certain areas.
- Socks – Get a pair of see-through tights and then trim to the desired length. Add an elastic or purchase a garter online for about $10.
- Gloves – Choose a mesh with two way stretch if you can. I would recommend looking at lingerie fabrics as there is a good selection of black laces.
29. Venti (Tone Deaf Bard)
Venti has to be one of the more popular Genshin Impact outfit ideas? Why? Cause he’s so unique! The Wind Archon is a wandering bard who specializes in musical talents and singing (and drinking). Despite being humble and laidback, Venti is quite fearless and not afraid to take on any challenger. His outfit is quite marvellous!
What you’ll need to cosplay Venti:
- Wig – You can find a Venti wig online or learn about how you can dye your own Venti wig on Arda Wigs Canada. The gradient in his hair makes for a fun project.
- Hat – You can find a pattern for a beret online.
- Shirt- While any white dress shirt would probably do the trick, you can elevate your Venti cosplay by adding the fabric buttons on his sleeves.
- Corset – To make a fitted corset, it might make sense to use plastic boning to give it some structure. While spiral boning is better, is can sometimes be difficult to find and safely prepare to prevent yourself from injury. One quick fix for plastic boning is by using zip ties. They are easy to find and inexpensive.
- Cape – A cape like this can get very heavy quickly. If you are a sucker for details, iron out your cape and add a wire to the ends to allow you to pose the cape for photos.
- Pants – Venti’s pants might seem complicated but once you have the base the appliques can be attached easily. If you have the patience to do embroidery, then add the trims by hand with a doractive stitch.
- Harp – Venti is known for his harp since he’s one of the poster boys of the game. You can make your own harp prop with Worbla (thermoplastic) and EVA foam.
30. Gorou (Furry Warrior)
Don’t let his cute furry appearance fool you! Gorou is a feisty battler who is loyal to the people of Watatsumi Island, using his military wits to protect them and his army. Gorou reminds me of Haru from Beastars; innocent looking on the side, but fierce and aggressive on the inside. Gorou’s interesting personality is why I think he’s a good character to cosplay. Especially if you want an excuse to wear some furry ears!
31. Xinyan (Liyue Rockstar)
If you want to cosplay a character from Genshin that’s completely different from the rest, then Xinyan is your girl! As of right now, we don’t know much about her because she hasn’t been featured in the story yet. But all we know is that she loves rock and roll and has a rebellious personality.
What you’ll need to cosplay Xinyan:
- Wig – Find a wig base and stub the ends where her twintails are to make the back part. It might make sense to use a round styrofoam base to keep the wig light. Cover the styrofoam with wig fibres and glue them down. Attach to your base wig using wires and then add the decorative band with spikes to complete the look.
- Guitar- This is probably one of the funniest looking base guitar designs I’ve seen to date – and you can recreate the design with a pizza box for the body and a piece of wood for the neck. Glue on extra wood or thermoplastic bits for the details. For the strings, you can use metal wire, or real guitar strings. It probably won’t be playable though.
- Dress – Xinyan’s dress can be made in a few different sections – the back, the front, and the collar, and the rope details. For the ropes, I would braid it with a long piece of fabric and add a wire to the inside.
- Shoes – A black pair of shoes should work here, since the detail is mostly in her socks – a fishnet.
32. Traveler – Aether/Lumine (The Main Character)
It’s interesting because while all the rare/5-star characters get all the attention in Genshin, we tend to forget about the main protagonist themselves! That’s probably because the Traveler (canon name in the game) isn’t as strong in the game yet. But as the story progresses, he/she will probably gain more power. Not many people have cosplayed Aether (Male traveler) or Lumine (Female traveler). So they would be a good Genshin Impact cosplay choice if you want to be unique and stand out!
What you’ll need to cosplay Aether (Male Traveler):
- Wig – Aether’s hair has a lot of details which you can only achieve by paying attention to the details. You will need layering scissors and a good pair of barber scissors to cut each section. Try imagining the hair in clumps to make it more manageable- the front middle, side part, side, back etc. The end of his hair forms a braid. You can make this braid thicker by teasing the hair beforehand and using a flat iron to set the teasing before you braid.
- Top – The easiest way to recreate his top is to find a fitted undershirt and crop to style. Add the embellishments by making them out of foam clay or 3D printing the extra parts if you can find access to one.
- Pants– To make the wide-leg look, add more fabric. One thing to note is that you don’t need to make it wide-leg all the way down, as it may be hard to stuff it into the boot. You can find some ribbing (like the kind on your hoodies) and reuse that to make a cuff at the end of the leg.
- Cape & Scarf – To make your cape hold up better, consider using wire or some kind of reinforcement layer in the middle, such as interfacing.
- Sword – There are many different ways to make a sword but my favourite method by far is to make it out of a pvc pipe pressed down flat, with the edges sanded.
What you’ll need to cosplay Lumine (Female Traveler):
- Wig – Lumine has an interesting hair style with most of her hair in a bob but you have two longer strands coming from the back, which gets tied in a low pony. Although you can purchase a Lumine wig for about $25, you can also style your own by layering the wig fibres until you have the desired look. However, be careful your wig is thick enough to be layered. Some longer wigs space the wefts further apart and might not be good for styling.
- Dress – This dress consists of two parts – a longer white hi-low dress and a decorative frilled layer. You can add the gold details with embroidery, fabric painting, applique, vinyl, foam, or 3D printed charms. All of the construction methods are valid – just depends on your desired effect.
- Socks – One hack for making asymmetrical socks stay on your leg is to sew them onto a pair of nude tights. This prevents the socks from slipping and ensures it will always sit at the right place. I have tried all the methods, sock glue, grips, and fashion tape. None of them work well enough to survive a convention. However, if you’re just looking to take a few photos, it should be fine.
33. Xiao (Moody Guardian Yaksha)
Xiao is actually an “adeptibeast”, a demi god race of Liyue. He lost his friends and had to murder numerous enemies throughout his life, hence his pain and “emo” demeanor. Nonetheless, Xiao is still a Husbando to many Genshin players, so he’s a great cosplay choice. Bring a staff with you as he likes to plunge into his enemies!
What you’ll need to cosplay Xiao:
- Wig – You can find a raven green/blue wig and add the highlights by sewing in wefts from another wig or find a clip-on extension. Use a small hair tie to create the ahoge (top hair piece that sways backwards).
- Shirt – Find a fitted undershirt and add the collar piece to match.
- Necklace – you can use plastic or wooden beads of various sizes to achieve this look.
- Tattoo – this one might be a little bit hard to replicate. Try searching on Taobao or Aliexpress to see if any sellers have made a temporary tattoo in this design. However, if you make a stencil, you can usually use an airbrush to spray paint the makeup on.
- Pants – Find a pair of straight cut navy or black trousers. Add the belt detailing and belt separately. Use about ½ yard of pink fabric to create the front panel between his legs. You may need to fabric use fabric paint to add the extra designs on his hip cape. By mixing one part acrylic paint to one part fabric medium, you can create your own custom fabric paint. Remember to use a stencil or masking tape to keep the edges sharp.
- Sleeve – create one side of a yukata or kimono sleeve and attach it to yourself with hidden elastic on the arm.
- Shoes – Brown-on-Black combat boots would best fit this design. Unlaced would be more accurate but you can also lace them as well and then add a rectangle of foam on the top to mimic the design.
34. Keqing (Cat Ear Waifu)
Keqing (pronounced Ka-Ching $$$) is one of the members who watches over the Liyue region. Unlike her colleagues, she questions whether the structure is sustainable and thinks humans can run the show on their own. Keqing’s outfit is really nice and one of the easier ones to craft yourself, which is why I think so many have cosplayed her already!
What you’ll need to cosplay Keqing:
- Wig – You may be able to purchase a Keqing wig with the ears pre-styled online. Amazon, Taobao, Aliexpress, Bhiner, and SuperBuy are all good options to take a look at.
- Dress – This dress is actually one of the simpler designs and very good as a beginner project. If you imagine her dress in 3 layers, you can easily construct it. Step 1: Start with a white dress as the base layer. Step 2: Add a light purple layer to the front only. And Step 3: Add a darker purple layer to the back side. For the feather, you can make it by constructing it out of 2mm EVA foam and painted to match. Make the sleeves separately and attach with elastic.
- Tights – black, translucent tights are fine. You can actually draw the design under your tights with a white or cream coloured body paint. Remember to seal it prior to wearing the tights.
35. Jean (Dandelion Knight)
Jean is the leader of the Knights of Favonius. Just like a certain someone from a certain video game (coincidentally also a gacha game), Jean is a strong noble knight serving her people. It also helps that she is one of the original Waifus of the game. Jean is all about her white and green, which matches her nickname as the Dandelion Princess. All you need is white tights and a shirt, with a cool-looking cape!
What you’ll need to cosplay Jean:
- Wig – Jean has a high ponytail and the easiest way to achieve that effect is to use a clip-on ponytail.
- Shirt – The most accurate way to create Jean’s outfit is to make an underbust corset for the brown piece and add some padded fabric for the top piece. You will also need to attach the coat tails to the shirt as well, on the back.
- Sleeves – Use elastic to keep the armbands on your arms. Then, gather it at the opening with another piece of elastic to create the bell shape. Stuff the sleeves in your gloves.
- Pants – I would find some white athletic wear or white skinny jeans to keep it as tight fitting as possible. To create the gold diamonds, it would depend on the fabric of your base pants. Keep stretchy with stretchy and woven.
- Cape – Jean’s cape connects to her collar so best to view that all as one piece of the costume. You can use a black piece of fabric for the back and a teal piece for the front.
- Sword – You can create any kind of sword in the game, but Jean’s most well-known weapons might be a good choice. To make thinner swords, I like to sandwich something strong in the middle to help it keep its shape, such as Popsicle sticks.
36. Xiangling (Famed Chef from Liyue)
Xiangling is a famous chef from the Liyue region. Since you meet her relatively early in the game and you can get her eventually for free, Xiangling is a well-known character. She is a bubbly girl who loves experimenting with food dishes, such as using slimes. She is a Pyro user who uses her small teddy bear called Gouba to dish out damage. Xiangling is probably one of the easier characters to cosplay. So if you want to cosplay a cute chef that loves using food puns, then Xiangling is a great choice.
What you’ll need to cosplay Xiangling:
- Wig – Treat the braided portion of Xiangling’s hair separate from her real hair and it will be much more manageable. Wear a short bob wig and pin on the braids to the back.
- Dress – The easiest way to reconstruct this dress is to not get too caught up in the exact number of lace fills there are on the bottom of her dress. When you’re cutting out the hem, make a facing (another piece of fabric) so your hem will have a clean edge. Don’t be afraid to put seams where you think they might make sense, such as in the bodice.
- Gloves – These cartoony and exaggerated gloves are super fun to make. Use some craft foam sandwiched between two pieces of faux leather on the cuff to achieve the thicker leather effect.
- Shoes – You might be able to get away with a black heel if you can’t find a brown one. However, any colour within the colour palette would work.
- Lance – For this prop, use a ¾ inch PVC pipe and sculpt the blade out of worbla for strength.
- Accessories – You can make a cute raccoon plushie with fleece and felt. Due to its size it might be easier to hand sew everything with an invisible stitch. For the eyes, you can use doll eyes or small black buttons. Stuff the inside and add a thick red rope and a green tassel. You can make your own thick rope by twisting 4 pieces of nylon cord with itself. I have also made cord with fabric successfully as well.
37. Albedo (The Chief Alchemist)
Poor Albedo. When he was first released in the game, most players wanted every other character in the banner…except for him. Since he’s not your typical Husbando and more of a smart alchemist, he doesn’t get much love, especially in the cosplay world. But if you want to be different, Albedo is definitely a unique choice!
What you’ll need to Albedo:
- Wig – It might be a bit difficult to find a pre-styled Albedo wig, so you might have to style it yourself. Section the hair into a half pony, and then section them again to create the spikes. For each spike, trim to the desired length and spray in the direction you want it to sit.
- Shirt – Start with a blue dress shirt and add three black ribbons to the front. Then, go back and add the diamonds.
- Coat – Albedo’s coat is probably the most important part of this costume. I would pay special attention to the hood and belt design across the front. You can make a stencil out of plastic (such as with a plastic folder) to ensure that the painted designs have clean, crisp lines.
- Pants – Any pair of black pants or jeans would be fine.
38. Noelle – KFC Special Edition (One Maid Army)
The maid who carries a big sword! Noelle is a very polite and professional girl who aspires to be a knight of Favonius. As a maid, she is happy to serve anyone who asks for her help. To be fair, not many people have cosplayed Noelle yet. However, there was a Genshin-themed KFC event in China where her and Diluc got a new outfit. Ever since that event, Noelle has been gaining popularity!
What you’ll need to cosplay Noelle (KFC Edition):
- Wig – Look for a white wig with a very very slight purple undertone to it. If you cannot find a wig with a purple undertone, you can make it on your own by finding some alcohol based markers and diluting the solution with more alcohol and then putting it in a spray bottle. Spray it onto your wig in a well Ventilated area and wear a mask because the alcohol smell will be very strong. Comb and wait for it to dry between layers to gradually build up the colour and ensure it’s distributed evenly.
- Hat – Her hat is like a slouchy beret. You can easily find a beret online for about $10 and then add a contrasting red band to the bottom. Or, you can make your own fake beret with black fabric.
- Dress – If you have a plain black dress or a maid dress in your closet, you will be able to reuse it here! Make the apron separately and use velcro to attach it to your waist at the back. Attach the suspenders to your apron as well. Make a giant red bow and attach it to your dress with safety pins. Take care to iron it out and add interfacing or foam to the inside so that it keeps the shape.
- Socks – wear white tights.
- Shoes – Black loafers.
39. Qiqi (Cute Zombie)
Qiqi is best known for wanting “Cocogoat milk” and being the least favourite character to get when playing the gacha system (i.e. pity ruiner). She’s a small girl who is actually a zombie, so she talks and acts very emotionlessly. With her small stature and talisman over her head, Qiqi is a cute cosplay option you should consider!
What you’ll need to cosplay Qiqi:
- Wig – You can find a Qiqi wig online for about $25. Style it with side swept bangs and a fluffy ends by teasing the bottom to create some volume. Curl it towards your face to frame it. Don’t forget to get a weft of hair for the long braid.
- Hat – You can create the base shape with foam and cover it with fabric to achieve the effect of the hat standing up. Pin the hat to the wig and the paper charm to the hat to make sure it doesn’t move.
- Dress – Qiqi’s base dress is purple with a gathered bottom. There is a front panel and a sleeved bolero component to it as well. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different textures and subtle patterns to elevate your cosplay and make it look more fancy. If you cannot find the exact pattern you are looking for, you can use fabric paint and masking tape to paint on the desired design.
- Cape – Qiqi’s cape looks very thick. It might be a good idea to sandwich a layer or two of craft from to the inside to give it more bulk. You will also need to cover both sides of the foam with contrasting fabrics and then fabric paint the design as shown.
- Accessories – Use foam balls to make the necklace lightweight. Add a tassel made of embroidery thread to the bottom. You will also need to find bells for her cape. If you aren’t able to find bells in the correct size, you can fake a bell by painting a styrofoam ball yellow. Add black to the bottom to make the “hole”.
- Socks – You can wrap your socks with some stretchy fabric to mimic the “zombie” look.
40. Zhongli (Geo Daddy Genshin Impact cosplay)
Zhongli is one of the most popular characters in Genshin Impact, for so many reasons. He’s an important part of the story in Liyue, his personality and aesthetic are awesome, and he’s got that sexy voice. Oh, and he drops meteors at will. How can you NOT like Zhongli?
What you’ll need to cosplay Zhongli:
- Wig – Believe it or not, you might be able to get that red gradient tip colour by using hair chalk, commonly also sold as soft pastels. Use hairspray to set it.
- Shirt – Zhongli wears a white dress shirt and white tie with a black collar. You can “Frankenstein” two dress shirts together to achieve his look.
- Blazer – The details on the blazer would make and break this cosplay. To keep it more manageable, think of the different colours as sections – black and orange. To achieve the orange look, it might make sense to overlay a translucent piece of tulle or lace over the black but still have the black peeking through. Lastly, add the silver details with faux leather.
- Pants – Any kind of dress pants or trousers would work.
- Shoes – Pair with dress shoes.
41. Klee (Genshin Impact cosplay Explosive Baby)
Pyro baby! Klee is a little girl who has a huge knack for explosives. She is probably the most adorable character in all of Genshin. Her outfit is awesome and pretty easy to pull off. All you need is a red dress and hat, and a backpack.
What you’ll need to cosplay Klee:
- Wig – Style Klee’s cute low ponytails by parting the hair in a criss-cross pattern to reduce the chances of seeing the wig wefts. You can fluff them a little by back-combing the wig fibres and then setting it with a flat iron.
- Hat – Find a pattern online for a newsboy hat and then enlarge it by about 50% to account for how oversized it looks on Klee.
- Dress – Imagine Klee’s dress in two different layers. The base layer is a white dress with a scalloped or lace hem line. The top layer looks like a coat with sleeves. Due to the pattern, I would make a very large circle skirt in red and add darts until it is the correct shape. Then, draw Klee’s coat pattern in tailor’s chalk first before trimming off the very unique silhouette. You will need to bind the raw edge with a dark red bias tape – maybe 1” folded in half.
- Backpack – You can find a version of Klee’s backpack if you search for a Japanese school backpack. These backpacks are typically sold for children in elementary school and legitimate brands can cost $150+. However, if you are looking for a cosplay one, you can purchase one for about $60.
- Shorts – Wear bloomers!
- Shoes – Any brown boot of your choice.
I needed to include an NPC in this list. Hilichurls are a common enemy you fight in Genshin. Even though they’re bad guys, many players love the Hilichurls for their personality. It won’t be as easy to dress up as a Hilichurl as you’ll need to make a special head mask. But you’ll definitely be the center of attention if you dress up as a Hilichurl, because everyone loves them!
Paimon (Emergency Food)
I saved this special small character for last. Paimon is everybody’s favourite Emergency Food *ahem* I mean sidekick! Paimon is the game’s mascot who is super adorable and not afraid to tell you what Paimon thinks of you. So if that’s what you’re into, then Paimon thinks you should cosplay as her! If you don’t mind being Emergency Food.
What you’ll need to cosplay Paimon:
- Wig – Paimon’s wig can be easily styled with a straight iron and some backcombing. Grab your hairspray and work on each hair section one by one.
- Bodysuit – The cosplayer in the photo did a very good interpretation of Paimon’s bodysuit by creating a bubble dress. The bubble dress is created with two layers of fabric with a tight elastic band on the end, which you fold under the dress, creating a bubble shape.
- Crown – It might be difficult to make the crown “float” on top of your head but you can always use a think wire that can easily be Photoshopped out of the final photo.
- Scarf – Think of Paimon’s scarf in three sections of a prop instead of a long rectangle of fabric. The first being the circle of fabric that is around her neck. The second is the shape of what is behind her. The third section is the little extra shapes that come off her neck.
- Socks – Find an Opaque pair of tights (I recommend Hue) and cut the holes where you see them to match her design.
I’ll summarize the 40+ Genshin Impact outfit ideas you can do, based on what you’re looking for:
- Shenhe (Exorcist Waifu)
- Lisa (Waifu Genshin Impact sexy cosplay)
- Raiden Shogun (The Electro Archon)
- Barbara (Idol Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Thoma (Inazuma Husbando)
- Ayaka (Inazuma Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Kojou Sara (Loyal servant)
- Bennett (Unlucky Adventurer)
- Yun Jin (Opera Singer!)
- Hu Tao (Boo Tao)
- Arataki Itto (Super Husbando)
- Mona (THICC Broke Astrologist)
- La Signora (Elite Agent)
- Rosaria (Edgy Nun)
- Ningguang (Geo Mommy)
- Kazuha (The Poet)
- Tartaglia (Anti-hero Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Yae Miko (Kitsune Waifu)
- Ganyu (Cocogoat Waifu)
- Sucrose (innocent Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Dottore (Future Genshin Impact villain)
- Kaeya (Best Boy Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Razor (Wolf Boy)
- Beidou (Genshin Impact cosplay – Pirate Edition!)
- Amber (Best Girl Genshin Impact outfit ideas)
- Diluc (another Male Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Diona (cute Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Fischl (Prinzessin Der Verurteilung)
- Venti (Tone Deaf Bard)
- Gorou (Furry Warrior)
- Xinyan (Liyue Rockstar)
- Traveler – Aether/Lumine (The Main Character)
- Xiao (Moody Guardian Yaksha)
- Keqing (Cat Ear Waifu)
- Jean (Dandelion Knight)
- Xiangling (Famed Chef from Liyue)
- Albedo (THe Chief ALachemist)
- Noelle – KFC Special Edition (One Maid Army)
- Qiqi (Cute Zombie)
- Zhongli (Geo Daddy Genshin Impact cosplay)
- Klee (Genshin Impact cosplay Explosive Baby)
And there you have it: 40 Genshin Impact cosplay ideas for you!
You can bet that the Genshin Impact cosplay is going to be insanely popular and well-known right now and in the immediate future.
Like I said, not only will this series be great for self shoots, but it’s going to be amazing for group photoshoots… So in my opinion, any Genshin Impact outfit ideas you plan to do, will be a safe investment to put your cosplay in. Cause you’ll be wearing the costume very often. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, check out my other articles you may like:
Who’s your favourite Genshin Impact character? Any character you plan on cosplaying from the game in the near future? Let me know in the comments below!
My name is Roger Senpai. I’m a cosplayer that’s been in the community for well over a decade now. I’ve traveled all over the world to Anime and Comic conventions and hosted my own cosplay events. Now I’m writing articles for new and experienced cosplayers like you to help inspire, save you money and improve your cosplays!